1. This tournament is sponsored by radio stations KYKX and THE RANCH (hereafter referred to as the “Sponsor”).
2. Local, State, Federal, Coast Guard and Parks and Wildlife Regulations shall apply at all times during the Tournament. Contestants must have a valid Texas fishing license and another form of identification on their person, as required by law.
3. Lake O’ the Pines professional guides, owners, and employees of Lake O’ the Pines facility, businesses and members of their immediate families, and employees of the Sponsor or it’s affiliated stations and members of their immediate families are not eligible to compete in the tournament.
4. An entry fee of $75 must be paid for each day of the tournament or $125 for both days. With payment of $75, contestants may elect to fish either on Saturday or Sunday, although Tournament officials reserve the right to adjust and balance the number of contestants fishing each day. Fees paid after the date which is fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the first day of the tournament, Saturday, April 20, 2013 shall be considered to be late entries. The late entry fee is $100 per day for each day of the tournament or $175 for both days. There will be no refund of entry fees after the day, which is fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the first day of the tournament, 3 p.m., April 20, 2013. Entry fees must be paid before any contestant may fish in the tournament. Insufficient checks not cleared before 3 p.m., April 20, 2013 will be considered late and must pay late entry fee.
5. Contestants will receive a special tournament sticker, which must be displayed while fishing in the tournament. Contestants who enter by mail or online must check in with tournament officials at officially designated times and places to receive a tournament sticker. Once a contestant has received the tournament sticker, no further check in is required.
6. All tournament contestants, by their entry application, shall grant permission to the tournament, the Sponsor and their agents the right to publicize and/or broadcast his/her name, character likeness or voice and the fact that he/she was a participant and /or prize winner and all other matter incidental thereto. If an entrant is a minor, a parent or legal guardian shall be required to grant such permission as part of the entry procedure of the minor.
7. All tournament contestants, as part of the entry procedure, shall agree to submit to polygraph testing and/or urine drug testing and must pass said testing or be disqualified from receiving any prize. If an entrant is a minor, a parent or legal guardian shall agree for the minor to submit to said testing and to pass such testing or be disqualified from receiving any prize. Any contestant judged to be intoxicated, or on any type of drug at the time said contestant is required to take the polygraph examination and/or urine drug test, or is in violation of tournament rules, will be disqualified from this and all future tournaments. If you take any prescription drugs, you must bring the prescription with you to the polygraph.
8. All tournament contestants, by their entry application, shall grant to the Sponsor and its officers, employees and agents, unconditional release of any liability for personal injury, death, damaged, lost or stolen property, or accidents.
9. All tournament contestants must read and sign the form. Your signature on this form will constitute a certification that the contestant has read and understands the “Release and Waiver” form. All terms and conditions of the “Release and Waiver” form are hereby incorporated by reference in these rules in the same manner as if the terms of the “Release and Waiver” form were printed verbatim in these rules.
10. The tournament will not be responsible for boating or water accidents. Each tournament contestant and any non-contestant accompanying a tournament contestant shall be solely responsible for his/her actions with regard to inclement weather or any other potentially dangerous situation which may result from any source whatsoever during the tournament. Should the contestant be a minor, a parent or legal guardian shall grant such release on the part of the minor.
11. The tournament will be held on Saturday, May 4th, 2013 and Sunday, May 5th, 2013. Tournament fishing hours will be from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m. local time on both days of tournament. Fishing contestants may launch their boats prior to 6 a.m., but no fishing will be allowed until the official start. The lake shall be off limits to all contestants for fishing from 12:01 a.m., local time, on the day of the first day of the tournament until 3 p.m. on the second day of the tournament, except during tournament fishing hours.
12. Only largemouth, smallmouth and Kentucky spotted bass (black bass) will be weighed in. This is a BIG BASS tournament (One Fish)
13. Contestants may weigh only one (1) fish per hour. All fish that are weighed in must have been caught in the tournament lake by contestant during tournament dates and fishing hours. Fish must be kept on a stringer or in a live well, and fish must be alive to be weighed. Do not transport fish to the weigh-in point on ice or ice water. Fish may be weighed-in beginning at 7 a.m. on each day of the tournament and must be weighed-in on the day caught. Fish must be weighed-in by the contestant who caught the fish. ANYONE CAUGHT CHEATING WILL BE PROSECUTED. The weight figures of the scale used by the Tournament Director or his designee shall be the only weight figures considered and recognized in the tournament.
14. Fish entered in special segments contests do not carry forward from hour to hour. In case of a tie, the fish weighed-in earlier will be the winner. Contestant must be in the weigh-in line no later than 3 p.m. daily for their fish to be weighed. Trailoring a bass to weigh-in site during the tournament hours will be permitted. Only the largest fish weighed-in per contestant during the tournament will be eligible for one of the top ten cash prizes.
15. Nothing will be added to any fish presented for weigh-in, which would alter the weight of the fish in any fashion. All fish will be held for close inspection by tournament officials and will not be returned to the contestant. All fish weighed-in become the property of the tournament and will be released back into the lake at the discretion of tournament officials. Any questionable entry will be subject to inspection by marine biologist or similarly qualified expert from the Parks and Wildlife Dept./Game and Fisheries or other designated expert. Any fish, which is disfigured or has excessive damage, will be disqualified. All protests must be registered in writing to the Tournament Director within thirty (30) minutes of the designated weigh-in deadline for that hour and date. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold any and all prize money in the event of a questionable claim until such question is resolved.
16. Fishing will be done with a rod and reel and artificial lures only. Only one (1) lure per line is permitted. The use of multi-lure rigs (Alabama rigs, umbrella rigs, etc.) are prohibited. Passive lures only (no batteries, lights, vibrating action, etc.). Use of a pork rind is acceptable. No trolling permitted while in the act of fishing. Trolling from place to place however is acceptable. No fishing is permitted with more than one rod at a time. Contestants may fish with non-contestants, but non-contestants may assist contestant only with the landing net.
17. No launching is permitted from the tournament weigh-in location during the tournament. No wake is allowed at that location. All contestants must wear a Coast Guard approved life vest when the outboard engine is running. There is no limit on the number of contestants fishing from a single boat as long as the load complies with the appropriate Coast Guard regulations. Wading, pirogues and tube fishing are permitted, but each contestant must be responsible for his/her own safety and sticker must be displayed.
18. No contestant is permitted to fish nearer than 50 feet to another contestant’s boat, which is anchored, tied or fishing the shoreline unless permission is granted by the other contestant. Bank fishing is permissible. No fishing is permitted within 100 yards of the official landing area.
19. It is expected that the tournament will be held regardless of the weather conditions. However, the Sponsor of the tournament expressly reserves the right to cancel or postpone the tournament because of weather conditions. This reservation in no way relieves or releases the contestant or non-contestant accompanying the contestant from assuming any and all risks as to his/her safety throughout the tournament. Any and all announcements concerning tournament emergencies and hourly results will be broadcast on KYKX 105.7 FM and KKUS 104.1 FM. Contestants should bring portable radios.
20. All applications for entry in the Big Bass Bonanza, determination of winners and rights to awards and prizes and interpretation of all rules are subject to sole approval and discretion of the tournament officials. Decisions by the tournament officials are final.
21. The Sponsor of the tournament expressly reserves the right to accept or reject any entry form or contestant’s application.
22. I agree that if I win the tournament, all decals from Plano Marine, Skeeter, KYKX and KKUS will remain on the boat for a period of not less than 2 (two) years.
23. Any angler to have been disqualified from any previous KYKX Big Bass Bonanza is not eligible to compete.
24. Any angler to have been disqualified from ANY fishing tournament in the last 5 years is not eligible to compete.
BBB FAMILY FISH OFF RULES
Each team of angler must include one child (defined as 14 years of age or younger on May 5, 2013) and their parent (natural, adopted, step, legal guardian) or grandparent (natural, adopted, step, legal guardian).
Each member of the winning team must weigh in a legal fish to qualify. Winner determined by the highest combined weight of the team’s two fish.
Winner will receive a trip to Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida. Trip includes airfare for 4, one hotel room, and admission for 4 to Disneyworld parks. Trip must be booked in advance. Winner responsible for any taxes, fees, and any other incidental expenses.